Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Briffett Ian Briffett is offline

Default Updating Pivot Tables

I have a pivot table that is based on a worksheet which changes regularly. If
the initial sheet referes to apples, oranges and bananas and I create a pivot
table these fields are included. They are displayed in alphabetical order
when you select the drop down on the pivot table header. However, if I add
apricots to my worksheet and refresh the pivot table, this field now gets
appended to the end of the list in the drop down after (blank). If I then
remove apples from the worksheet and refresh the pivot table, the world apple
does not appear in the drop down. Can anybody advise how to ensure this list
is always in alphabetical order and only contains the fields that are in the
worksheet when the table if refreshed? Thanks IB.