Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Value a cell based on vlookup results

A formula cannot move or copy a cell, so you would need a macro to do
what you want to achieve.

Pete

On May 21, 4:34*pm, robeck wrote:
I am using vlookup to interrogate a column of cells and if the value I input
is not found in the column I would like to move the input value to the 1st
open cell at the end of the column. *I don't know how to determine what the
1st open cell is without having to list each cell and check if it is blank.. *
Is there a way to look for the first cell that is blank? Thanks.