Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sandeep singh sandeep singh is offline

Default Writing a formula which dynamically generates results

Can I write a dynamic formula based on the different kind of data present in
a particular column and which generates results dynamically depending on the
data being added?

Eg;
Suppose my coulmn contains a list of items.

Emp_name Earning
A 10
A 20
A 20
B 20
C 30
D 5
D 10

I want to write a formula which dynamically generates the earnings of
employees by taking unique names from the column

Say If a some adds one more Employee E, the total earnings for employee E
should automatically get generated at some cell along with his name.

Is this possible in excel?

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep