wllee

I just tried what you suggested and I do not have the same problems. What
should I check next. I really appreciate your time.

Bill

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you have the same problem when you open excel in Safe modus

Try opening Excel without any Add-ins or hidden workbooks:
StartRun
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /Safe
Or Excel.exe /Safe

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"wllee" wrote in message ...
We have a number of Excel users in our office who cannot copy and paste
between Excel workbooks. They can copy and paste between worksheets. When
you highlight the section to copy and then go to the new workbook both the
paste
and paste special are "grayed out". This is true whether you right-click the
mouse, go to the edit menu, or use control keys. This occurs with any data
type and the most simple workbooks. I have seen some suggestions here but
none have worked for this particular problem. I have reset the menus and
renamed the .xlb files and neither helps. You can open the clipboard and the
paste will work, but there is no paste special option. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!