Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
vic1 vic1 is offline

Default sendmail macro problem in Excel

Using the example spreadsheet, I get a mail, exactly as it should be - but
when I use the same code on my own spreadsheet, there is no email - but no
errors either. If I use the Active sheet code, the email is there.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Wih SendMail CC and BCC is not possible

Do you also see no mail when you use the Outlook example workbook from my site ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"vic1" wrote in message ...
Thanks for all your suggestions, but, for the moment I've given up! I've just
deleted all the extra stuff on the worksheet which I don't want to send, so
that I can send the whole sheet.

The example database works perfectly (as it has done all day when I've tried
it). Am I correct in thinking that I can't include CC or BCC if I use
sendmail? As I need BCC I am using the Outlook-specific variation.

What would the reason be for the email not appearing, even though there are
no errors (I get this even when I have copied and pasted your example,
without making any changes at all)?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Download a example workbook with the code and test there

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
See the red links

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"vic1" wrote in message ...
Thankyou.

I really sorry I am making such a mess of it - but when I use the 'Active
Sheet' macro, it is almost perfect, but I don't want to send the whole sheet.
As soon as I use 'Range' or 'Selection' either in the body or as an
attachment, the macros run through without error - but they just don't
produce an email! The window flickers a couple of times as the macro is
running, but then goes back to exactly where it was before I started.

I've been struggling with this for the last 20 hours, what on earth am I
doing wrong?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Use

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail4.htm

Or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail4.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"vic1" wrote in message ...
Thanks. That helps. I'm almost there apart from one thing - in spite of
inserting the correct cells in the range, my email attachment is returning a
copy of the whole worksheet, not just the selected cells.

What am I doing wrong?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi vic1

Click on the Tip link on each example page

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"vic1" wrote in message ...
I've spent hours on the www.rondebruin.nl Tip on sending emails from Excel.
They're brilliant - but I'm a total newbie to VBA and what I need is a
combination of two of his options - and, try as I might, I cannot combine
them successfully!
I need to email a range from within Excel to an email address contained
within one of the cell values.

I've successfully got one macro which will send to the right address - but
only with a 'fixed file path' attachment, so it doesn't send a copy of the
current page, only a previously saved pdf. Which bits of the code for sending
a range do I need to copy into my existing macro, and where? I've tried the
sendmail add-in - but it doesn't automatically fill in the relevant email
address.

I'm sure this is simple to someone who knows what they're doing! Please can
you help me out?