Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Cue Cue is offline

Default Sum Based on Exception

Oh. I'm trying to count the number of John Doe's, Jane Dane's & Jack Dark's
in column B if column G has value of 'yes' or 'no'.
--
Cue

"Texas Aggie" wrote:

Can you elaberate more on what you are trying to accomplish? It look more
like your trying to count how many names other then the ones listed there
are. Help me understand what your trying to do.

--
If this reply was helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered to help others find anwsers to similar questions.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009

"Cue" wrote:

The results of the following formula is 0 when column G has values in it.

=SUM(IF($B$6:$B$65536="John Doe",IF($B$6:$B$65536="Jane
Dane",IF($B$6:$B$65536="Jack Dark",IF($G$6:$G$65536<"",0,1)))))

Can someone please show me what I am missing or don't need in the formula in
order to get the right sum?
--
Cue