Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Greenfield Greenfield is offline

Default Column Chart with 2 axes

Thank you. Your tip is exactly what I needed.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi Greenfield,

If I catch your gist, you want the columns side by side even thought they
are on different axis? I invented a method to do this 15 years ago, which is
still used today - you need to create dummy columns.

Data1 Dummy1 Dummy2 Data2
3 3 3 6
2 1
4 3
1 5
8 2
4 8

Plot the data as a regular column chart. Then double click any series and
on the Options tab set the Gap Width to 0. Remove the values in columns 2
and 3 they were just there for looks. In the legend select the legend
enteries for each dummy series and press Delete.

I hope this is what you want although you may be interested in a
stacked-cluster chart.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Greenfield" wrote:

I have a column chart with 2 bars in each catagory (total 12 bars, 6
categories). I want to put each data series on a separate axis. When I
choose the second data series, than format data series, than axis and click
on second axis, the chart goes from a column chart to a stack bar chart.
Does anyone know how to keep the chart as a two column chart on separate axes?