Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sean Moor[_2_] Sean Moor[_2_] is offline

Default Automatically format charts with range of dates

Thanks for the reply Andy but how would that allow me to enter in a set of
dates and have the chart automatically change the look of it and it will now
display the new data without having to change the links inside the chart?..

And one other thing where would I be able to enter almost like a use entry
cell that I can type in those dates and have it interact with the chart to
change via the dates I set?

Thanks

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

If you filter the actual data the chart will reflect only that data. You
just need to check the setting Plot Visible Cells Only is checked.
Select chart and use Tools Options Chart Plot visible cells only.

Cheers
Andy

Sean Moor wrote:
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from
another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make
a chart compared to say last year.

What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in
a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter
the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and
changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to
just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to
reflect the new option.

Any suggestinos would be appreciated. I heard macros is a good idea but I
have no idea how to use them

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info