Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Spreadsheet opens very slowly

Another...
Clear the windows temp file - the one found at...
Start | Run | %temp%
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Rich W."
wrote in message
I have an Excel (.xls) file. It opens very slowly on other PC's (to the tune
of seven to ten minutes). I'll try to give the information:

- It's 3.5 mb
- it has 245 worksheets
- it "only" links to two files, and we've broken those links, but with no
difference.
- It opens within a a minute on my PC (I have a new laptop with 4 GB RAM),
but it also open very slowly on a similar PC in another location
- It opens on a low-end PC (512 mb RAM/1.6 GHz processor) within a minute
- On the PC's that it takes a long time to open, it doesn't matter if the
spreadsheet is on the network or the local drive - it takes as long either way
- some PC's have Excel 2003, others have 2007, and it still takes as long
Thanks in advance for any thoughts . . .
Rich