Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason Jason is offline

Default Spreadsheet opens very slowly

Hi Rich,

How many calculations does this spreadsheet have? It could be that some
users have automatic calculation turned on and others (including yourself)
have it turned off.

"Rich W." wrote:

I have an Excel (.xls) file. It opens very slowly on other PC's (to the tune
of seven to ten minutes). I'll try to give the information:

- It's 3.5 mb
- it has 245 worksheets
- it "only" links to two files, and we've broken those links, but with no
difference.

- It opens within a a minute on my PC (I have a new laptop with 4 GB RAM),
but it also open very slowly on a similar PC in another location
- It opens on a low-end PC (512 mb RAM/1.6 GHz processor) within a minute
- On the PC's that it takes a long time to open, it doesn't matter if the
spreadsheet is on the network or the local drive - it takes as long either way
- some PC's have Excel 2003, others have 2007, and it still takes as long

Thanks in advance for any thoughts . . .

Rich