Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Delete space at beginning

See my offering.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"rexmann" wrote in message
Brilliant, thank you, that worked great.

I have tried to mess around with it and get it to do something else. Is it
easy to modify to make it delete spaces at the end?

Any ideas gratefully received

Rexmann

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Select the cells you want to adjust and run this small macro:

Sub spaceSaver()
For Each r In Selection
If IsEmpty(r) Then
Else
If Left(r.Value, 1) = " " Then
r.Value = Right(r.Value, Len(r.Value) - 1)
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200787

"rexmann" wrote:

Hi All

Is it possible to delete the space at the beginning of a cell of data?
have a list of addresses for a mail merge and some (not all) have a
space at
the beginning of the data. Ideally the find and replace (rather than a
formula) would be best.

Example (in the first one the address has a space):
1 Corsica Street
22 High Street

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards