Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Creating a linked file based on variable location reference

Hi Momk

The Indirect function is not working with closed workbooks

Maybe you can use a macro to create the links for you like I use here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Monk" wrote in message ...
In Book1, cell z1, I have a file location reference (F:\Home\Paul\Book2.xls)
which can change via vlookup depending on the name of the saleperson. I want
the data from Sheet 1 of that z1 file location to appear in Sheet 1 of Book1.

What formula or macro would I need to put in (Book1 Sheet 1) to pick up data
from the location and file name from cell z1?

Sorry if the above is confusing!!