Mats Samson

Default Updating Automatic links doesn't work with arrays

I've created a business calculation program in Excel and have used it for
years. Now using Excel 2003 SP1. My program uses a currency rate table from
another Excel file. The table is linked to the currency file within an array.
Suddenly, when I open the file/starting Excel it protests that the workbook
contains links that cannot be automatically updated. After checking every
link I have, I finally found that removing the array stops the message from
appearing.
I've tried to unset and reset the updating (in Tools/Options/Edit and even
in Edit/Links) but it won't work again.
What have happened?