Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] is offline

Default Help with "IF" Function

On Sat, 17 May 2008 08:05:00 -0700, Boblink
wrote:

Hey thanks, the "IF and" was very helpful but like everything else, one
"problem" solved lead to another problem so I am back with another request
for help.

This formula:

=IF(AND(B39=0,B13-B440),B13,0)

did not do what I wanted it to do.
What I am trying to do is create a formula that says, if the value in B39 is
positive, use the value in B13 less B44, and if this value is positive, enter
B13 less B44, if it is negative, then enter "0".
What I am getting is a POSITIVE number when B13-B44 is <zero (the result
should have been a negative number), what I would like is the cell is for it
to display "a zero" when a negative result is present.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Bob

You also have to specify what result you want if the value in B39
isn't positive.

Try this:

=IF(B390,IF(B13-B440, B13-B44, 0), 9999999)

replace 9999999 with the value you expect if B39 is not positive.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke