Flip

Hello David,
Yes it is often difficult to explain a problem.
Below, JulieD managed verywell.
Thanks anyway for thinking with me.
Flip

David McRitchie schreef in berichtnieuws
Hi Flip,
Please double check your question.

but if you want to check for two values
=IF(OR(A1=5,A1=2),"*","")
and use the fill handle to copy formula down from row 1

if you want to count the number of occurrences of a value
you can use COUNTIF.

---
HTH,

"Flip" <FlipatKonitechPuntnl wrote in message

Hi NG,
Here is a small example of a problem I cannot solve:
3 columns
a b c
x 2
y 1
z 4
x 5 *
p 1
q 6
p 5 *
r 2
I let Excel put a * in column c if a value in column b equals 5 so this
happens in c4 and c8

Now I want Excel to also put a * in c1 and c5 this is because I need

all
occurences of once they are marked (even only once).
What should I do?
Flip