Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LiveUser LiveUser is offline

Default I want quarters not months

Is there any other way? This will be filled out from a lot of different
people and I am trying to keep it very simple, preferably pre-formatted.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Precede the entry with an apostrophe ' or format the cell(s) as text before
typing

Peo Sjoblom

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I have a cell that I would like to enter 02/2008 referring to quarter/year.
Everytime I enter the information Excel changes it to Month and year. If I
format the cell for general information it changes it numbers.

Is there a quarter option?

No months will be entered into this cell. Just quarters and years.