Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Asa_johannesen Asa_johannesen is offline

Default Need to reorganize data on a separate sheet possibly using vlookup

Hi all you clever Excel people :)

I always seem to have problems setting up anything more complicated than a
simple calculation, so here I go again.

I have one sheet where chick weights are entered according to date (Column A
has dates starting with the date of the first hatch and the following columns
have weights from chick 1 to, say, 100). The chicks hatched on different
dates, so on the first row I have the hatch date, and data are entered from
the first weighing (i.e. lots of columns do not have data in the first few
rows).

Now what I want is a separate sheet, where the data show up according to
chick age. So I want the first column to be age (ranging from day 0, that is
day of hatching, to day 100) and the rest to be weights.

I thought about setting up an IF formula with the dates being used to
calculate the age of the chick and finding the right value (as dictated by
column A in the second sheet) possibly combining with VLOOKUP, but I really
don't know what I'm doing, so it's not really working at all.

Anyone have an idea how I can do this? The idea is that it will be easy to
enter the data in the sheet with a separate date for each row, and easy to
analyse with a separate age of chick for each row on the other sheet.

Thank you, and sorry if I'm asking something really easy that I should be
able to figure out myself. Excel makes me feel stupid sometimes.