Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wilchong via OfficeKB.com wilchong via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default A single SUMPRODUCT Excel formula cover four worksheets

Hello Roger,
Many thanks for your advice!

I understand your strategy. However, according to your way, it will create
more worksheets and make the size of the file is much larger!

I want a formula which really make thing simple. Ideally, the SUMPRODUCT can
sum up the data from various worksheets WITHOUT create extra worksheets and
at the same time reduce the size of the file! That is what I want!

Many thanks for your effort!
Wilchong

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi

You could carry out the Sumproduct on each individual sheet in an area to
the right of your data, say cell X1 onward
Then create 2 new sheets called First and Last, and drag these to a position
which "sandwiches" your 4 data sheets e.g.
Summary, First PC, OZ, IM, KL, Last

On the summary sheet then you can just use
=SUM(First:Last!X1)
The sheets First and Last can be hidden once you have placed them in their
correct location
I have four worksheets as follow: PC, OZ, IM and KL; each of the worksheet
is

[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
Many thanks,
Wilchong