Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jonno jonno is offline

Default matching values in columns to update prices

On 16 May, 09:54, jonno wrote:
On 16 May, 09:42, Mike H wrote:

Hi,

In this case List 1 is in A1 - B6 and list 2 is ni I1 - J6.
Put this in C2 and drag down and it will copy the prices from list2

=VLOOKUP(A2,$I$2:$J$6,2,FALSE)

Mike

"jonno" wrote:
Hi,

I have two list of products in the following format:

LIST 1

PROD ID * PRICE
0998552 * *£1.04
0998553 * *£1.10
0998963 * *£2.95
0997542 * *£3.60
0997544 * *£9.60

LIST 2

PROD ID * PRICE
0998963 * *£3.50
0998552 * *£1.50
0997544 * *£9.80
0998553 * *£1.50
0997542 * *£3.90

Both lists are in a different order, I need to transpose the prices
from list 2 to another column on list 1 so that the price matches the
PROD ID in each list. *Any help greatly appreciated.. Each list
contains approx 400 products.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Jon- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the attempt - although I get the following error when
attempt it:
"Data on the Clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected
area. *Do you want to paste the data anyway?"- Hide quoted text -

sorry my mistake, IT WORKS!! Thanks very much. I had copied and
pasted the information into excel all in the same cell!

Thanks again for your help Mike