Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Option Buttons/Radio Buttons

I don't know why MS didn't include the option to format the group box
borders!

You can hide then with some VBA:

Open the VBE editor: hit ALT F11
Goto ViewImmediate Window
At the end of the list of commands type:

ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = FALSE

Hit ENTER

To reverse, follow the same steps but type:

ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = TRUE

Hit ENTER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John Calder" wrote in message
Thanks !

That has put me in the right direction. However I cant seem to re-format
the
group box outline so that I cannot see it on the screen. I can re-format
it
so that it does not print out but I would like the user not to be able see
the actual outline of the group box on the screen.

Thanks

John

"T. Valko" wrote:

You have to group them by putting each set in a group box from the forms
toolbar.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John Calder" wrote in message
Hi

I run Excel 2000

I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows)

I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off.

The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which
row
select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank.

I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do
all
the other button sources change as well.

How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every
row.?

Example

20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive

Thanks

John