David McRitchie

Hi Mark,
see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
you probably want to use a formula like =A1=""
or perhaps =TRIM(A1)=""
if A1 is the active cell in your selection when you do the Conditional Formatting.

$A1 would be good for coloring the entire row based on the cell in Column A.
---
HTH,

"Markitos" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your answer it was of great help.
I found something rather hard though, I cant copy the formula to other
cells, I wanted a whole row to use this formula, but if I copy a cell to
others it doesn't change the formula to correspond with the new cell, its
leaving the cell # the same.

Thanks for your help.

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=$A$1=""