Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Count Colors in 2003

"none of the formulas direct or macroed are working" could mean you have not
applied them correctly.

They work for a lot of other people.

One question.

How have the cells been given their color fill?

If manually, count them using the Countbycolor code from Chip's site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

If by Conditional Formatting, see Chip's site at

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 May 2008 11:31:00 -0700, Whois Clinton
wrote:

I have been trying to count blank colored cells in 2003. I have tried
several VBA and other threads listed here. Especially Chip's cppearson
site. none of the formulas direct or macroed are working. It seems that
anything related to color is not a recognized name. I am not fluent on
macros but have used them when presented in simple measures. Thanks in
advance for any help!!