Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Count Colors in 2003

Hi,

You aren't very desriptive on exactly what you are doing so here's something
you may be able to build on. Right click a sheet tab, view code and paste
this in. It will check the range A1 - A100 and count all the yellow cells.
Note if the colour is yelllow because of conditional formatting then that
requires a different approach.

Sub standard()
Set myrange = Range("A1:A100")
For Each c In myrange
If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
yellowcells = yellowcells + 1
End If
Next
MsgBox yellowcells
End Sub

Mike

"Whois Clinton" wrote:

I have been trying to count blank colored cells in 2003. I have tried
several VBA and other threads listed here. Especially Chip's cppearson
site. none of the formulas direct or macroed are working. It seems that
anything related to color is not a recognized name. I am not fluent on
macros but have used them when presented in simple measures. Thanks in
advance for any help!!