JJ

You were correct, the code is alt 013, but I am trying to replace that and
the edit/replace function does not work. I am holding down alt and typing
013, but nothing happens?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Copy the box to an empty cell, assume you copy it to B4, now use a formula
like

=CODE(B4)

that should give you the char
(I bet it is char 13)

Peo Sjoblom

"JJ" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that someone else created. This spreadsheet has some
sort of line break I am not familiar with. I thought it was char(10) at
first, but it will not replace. It shows two boxes when the cell format is
unwrapped, however when it wraps, it still shows one box. I have tried to
replace by alt 010, but it will not. The way it appears in the cell is
like
when you get the box before you turn on wrap text when using char(10), but
it
shows two instead of one. When wrap text is turned on the second string
drops, however one box is still appearing....any suggestions?