Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
skoo skoo is offline

Default Excel File exported from Quickbooks does'nt register numbers as nu

Hello,

I am exporting a report from Quickbooks Point of Sale Pro 5.0 to Excel 2000
and trying to create a "sum of" calculation. The sum always comes to 0. It
is not registering the numbers as a number. However, if I do not use the
"sum of" button, and just put + (plus sign) and click each cell, it will add
the cells correctly. I have tried to use the Format Cells option but cannot
find a way to correct this problem. I have also noticed that when I go to
save it tells me that it is not the most recent version of Excel. I have
tried choosing to save to the most recent version or not and it doesn't make
a difference. I would love to be able to use the "sum of" button because I
am adding a great number of cells. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.