Lee Davison

Default IF command in Excel

Im not greatly familiar with Excel, could anyone point me in the direction
of a tutorial on the following.
Id like to set up a rule where
1) Excel reads what words I am inserting into a cell
2) If the word is a certain word, excel knows to put the figure in the
adjoining cell into a certain locations

Ie
(Cell 1a) Burgers, (Cell 1b) 8
(Cell 2a) Fries, (Cell 2b) 3
Etc
Etc

Excel needs a long list saying if (cell 1a) says Fries, insert 8 into (say
sheet 5 cell 47)
If (cell 2a) says Fries, insert 8 into (say sheet 5 cell 47)

If (cell 1a) says Burgers, insert 3 into (say sheet 5 cell 48)
If (cell 2a) says Burgers, insert 3 into (say sheet 5 cell 48)

Dont know if this explain it clearly, I think the command is called IF, and
you somehow create a list with it.
Thanks
Lee
--
"Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
www.geocities.com/ldavison10