Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default Counting

Do you have a list of names already? If not, you can extract them with
Data/Filter/Advanced Filter (select Copy to Another Location, select
your list as the List Range, select a Copy to location for the
resulting list, and check Unique Records Only)

Once the names are listed, use this function to count them (pretending
that the list is in B3:B500 and the name to find is in D3):
=COUNTIF($B$3:$B$500,D3)

On May 12, 5:21 pm, punkster
wrote:
I have a worksheet with a column of names. Some names are listed many times
and some just once. I need to count each name just one time. Is there a
function for this?
--
Punkster