Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Imonit Imonit is offline

Default symbols

Hello there.

You could make a table off screen that relates to what you are trying
to do. For example in column AA1 is your Symbol (it's easier if you
put your symbol first and then the symbol meaning in the next column)
and in column AB1 is your quantity. Now, use supporting columns to
control how your information starts to come together. IE : Column AC1
is your "mod 1" column. This column's formula could be a nested if
formula. =if(A1="C",500,+if(A1="K",1000,+if(A1="M",2500,0)) )

Then use IF functions to return the information to your "user input"
areas. The good thing about setting up your work as such is that it
will help you to control user error messages and when you break down
your "problem" as such it helps to try to tackle it a piece at a
time.

I'm sure there are a few other ways of tackling this and perhaps
someone more learned then I may have another suggestion.

Good luck! I'm sure you can do this if you break your problem down
some!

-Imonit

On May 12, 3:06*pm, hugoalegria
wrote:
is there a way to multyply with symbols?? example: in column A I have a
quantiy, in column C1 I have another quantity that when multiplied by each
other gives the result in D1, my question is, can I use a symbol in B1 such
as C for 100, K for 1000 ect. so when the user puts in that symbol the result
in D1 will be *automatically figured by that *amount?
--
halegria