Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] joker_frowns@hotmail.com is offline

Default Converting mm/dd/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet of weekly reported data going back 3 years.
Currently the dates are reported in mm/dd/yyyy format and I want to be
able to sort the activities chronologically. Is there any way I can
apply a yyyy/mm/dd mask to my date column so that the SORT function
will see these in the correct order?

I am using Excel 2003 and the only date formats it gives me the option
to select have the year at the end of the entry (therefor it is
sorting by year or month and not doing a proper chronological sort).

Many thanks,

Ryan