Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default Sorting and filtering HELP!!!!!

Yossy
Insert a column in A and fill a list of number from 1 to the last row. Then
sort your data and use only the non blank rows.

Alternatively you could just hide the blank rows in the PT using a Macro

Sub hideZeros()
'select the Total column
For Each c In Selection
If c = "" Then
c.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next
End Sub

And to show all the rows again use:

Sub showAllRows()
LastRow = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row
' Make sure that the Pivot table begins at row 5
' change A5 if necesary
Range("A5:", Cells(LastRow, 1)).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
Range("a5").Select
End Sub

Peter

"Yossy" wrote:

I created a pivot table but the end result has many empty blanks and
unecessary totals, please does anyone know how I can sort and or filter the
columns without messing up my data. I need just clean rows and of data
without the spaces and the total. I have 20 columns and thousands of rows

All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks