Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Formula only works on some computers

Bernd, does this work in your German version of Excel?

B4 = March (text entry, not a formatted date)
B5 = 2008 (numeric entry, not a formatted date)

=--(B4&"/"&B5)

In my U.S. English version it returns 39508 (serial date for March 1 2008)

I must be missing something from the orginal post:

B4 = a month and B5 = a Year.
The month and year cells are validated so
the user chooses "April" etc from
a drop down list and likewise "2008"
from a dropdown list in the year cell.

I interpret that to mean B4 is the TEXT name of the month but apparently my
interpretation is incorrect if Rick's formula does what the OP wants.

=IF(DATE($B$5,$B$4,$B9)<=DATE($B$5,$B$4+1,0),TEXT( WEEKDAY(DATE($B$5,$B$4,$B9)),"dddd"),"n/a")

If my interpretation was correct then the DATE functions would crash.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bernd P" wrote in message
Hi Rick,

I tested it on my German Excel. It works.

Nice one.

Regards,
Bernd