Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_430_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_430_] is offline

Default Formula only works on some computers

Thanks for the confirmation (I couldn't conveniently test it out here). By
the way, aaa will print out the 3-letter abbreviation of the day name (well,
3 letters here in the US, not sure if the length of the abbreviation changes
with the language or not as I have virtually no experience with
international programming issues).

Out of curiosity, given your "It works" comment, is this not an already
well-known format pattern for the TEXT function? I came across it awhile
ago, I don't remember where, in my reading up on Excel (to prepare myself
for volunteering in the Excel newsgroups) and figured it was an already
known thing by the Excel community. In thinking about it, we should probably
always be using aaa or aaaa instead of ddd or dddd as there seems to be no
downside to doing so.

Rick

"Bernd P" wrote in message
Hi Rick,

I tested it on my German Excel. It works.

Nice one.

Regards,
Bernd