Jim in Montana

Gord,
thanks for the help, however, it didn't work completely.

First I got a debug error on the line w.Copy.
So, I commented that line out.
After that, it only created 1 file (report.htm) with all the worksheets,
kind of a dynamic Excel file.

Any other suggestions... I really need this to work! Thanks again for your
efforts.

Jim

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jim

Sub Make_New_Books()
Dim w As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
w.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & w.Name, _
FileFormat:=xlHtml
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next w
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:51:02 -0800, "Jim in Montana"
wrote:

I get periodic Excel files with worksheets.. one for each department for
instance.

What I'd like to do is write some code that will create a separate HTML file
for each worksheet. Best scenario would be to name each html file as the
worksheet name.

Example: file1.xls
worksheet1
worksheet2
worksheet3
Run Code which will produce:
worksheet1.html
worksheet2.html
worksheet3.html

Any ideas or suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated!