Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Garyp1961 Garyp1961 is offline

Default Formula Funtions

Hi, I am working in excell 2000 and I would like to write a formula that
would divide a numer in one cell and times the decimal portion of the answer
by the same amount I was divding it by. Example cell A1 would countain the
amount I entered 5000 I would like cell B1 to divide the amount in A1 by 560
and then times the reaining amount that would be in decilmal by 560. Don't
know if this is possible or not?
if you divide 5000 by 560 you get 8.928 if you set your decimal point to 3
I would like to take the decimal part and times that by 560 which is 519.680
I would like to round up the 519.680 to the next whole if the first number
on the right of the decimal is 5 or higher.
then my answer in cell B1 would be 8.520 Thanks if anyone can help with
this. Hope my question makes sense.