Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MichaelRobert MichaelRobert is offline

Default FormatCellsSpecialZip Code

Every day I receive a list of Zip Codes covering Sales Leads. The as-received
format includes regular 5 digit zips, 5+4 zips, and 5 digit zips with the
leading zeros omitted, but I need to change it to 5 digit to process further.

Routinely, I use the command "FormatCellsSpecialZip Code" to add the
leading zeros back. But the command seems unable to convert a '5+4' format to
a simple 5 digit format, and I end up having to delete the hypen and the last
4 digits manually. Am I missing a trick?

Mike