Duke Carey

Use Conditional formatting, using this formula -

=MATCH(a1,Validate,0)0

which assumes cell A1 is active when you call up the conditional formatting
menu, and also assumes that you name the range of 21 numbers 'Validate'

Duke

"johnny" wrote:

Using Excell 2003.
I have 7 cells in a row each with a different number in each cell.
Selecting the first cell I wish to compare the number against a column
consisting of 21 numbers.
If the number in the selected cell is the same as a number in the column I
want to select that cell background colour yellow.
If the number in the selected cell does not correspond with a number in the
column then move to the next cell on the row and repeat until all 7 cells on
the row have been checked.
Have tried various ways but am stuck.
Can anyone help?