Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Empty strings appear as zeros

My favorite technique is to have one range for tabular display, one range
for the chart source, and one range for subsequent calculations. They all
link to the original data, so they're all "correct", but each is optimized
for its own purpose, and therefore each has variations on the formulas used,
to help in this modification.

Cells are cheap. Worksheets are cheap. Your time and frustration are not
cheap at all.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Paul Martin" wrote in message
I have some formulas that return empty strings if certain conditions
exist. The intention is that charts NOT show data in these cases.
Yet, they show up as zeros. I've read on here about the use of NA(),
and that works fine, but then if I have another formula that looks at
these values for the maximum value (of the data series, to
automatically adjust the max scale), it won't work because of the NA()
error.

What I would like is to have the empty string values NOT appear in the
chart, and I'm wondering if there's another solution other than
forcing the use of NA()??

Any suggestions appreciated.

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia