Gord Dibben

Dennis

In your first post you "I tried the run excel.exe /regserv fix but this did
not solve the problem."

Did you get any error message or any message at all?

Maybe a typo, but proper syntax is excel.exe /regserver

Also try excel.exe /unregserver first then excel.exe /regserver

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:47:44 GMT, wrote:

Hi Frank.

It's unchecked.

I compared every "Options" window selection of the WinXP computer with the
Win98SE computer and they are exactly the same. However, as I stated before,
the Win98 computer will allow multiple XLS files to be loaded at the same time
and the WinXP will not.

It's frustrating!

Dennis

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe: Tools - Options - General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications'