Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default IF Function with ISBLANK

I see 'akphidelt' addressed the literal values.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve M" wrote in message
Biff,
"x" or "z" are literal. I figured I needed to define a consistent
value to check for. I'm not sure how to use the wild card so I could
use some help on that.

-Thanks

On May 7, 4:12 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
I think the key is that I need to define a wild card (if possible)
to look for either the 'x' at the end of the date to bring back
'4' or a 'z' at the end of the date to bring back an '8'.

Yes, that's exactly what you need to do. Are "x" and "z" genreric
placeholders or do you want to look for literal "x" or "z" ?

If they're generic placeholders then they need to be defined somehow.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP