Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LEG LEG is offline

Default To count how many are in a certain age group

Hi
Thanks, but "count, if, and" didn't work even if I got {} to make sure I did
it correctly. Probably because I have a Danish version of Excel 03 and
couldn't translate. Something to do with commas and semicolons. I used
"sumproduct" and that worked. But thanks for responding.
--
LEG

"John Bundy" skrev:

one way, don't forget the = if it is less than or equal to.
=COUNT(IF(AND(B1:B4<40,B1:B430),B1:B4))
this is known as an array formula, when you finish typing it instead of just
hitting enter you need to hit ctl-shift-enter. if you see {} around the
formula you did it right.
--
-John
is helpful.

"LEG" wrote:

Hi! I'm looking for at forumla to count how many are in a certain age group.
I have a list of people and their ages and would like to know how many are in
the age group f.eks. between the ages of 30 and 39, 40 and 49 and so on
--
LEG