Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Formula Halp - If or Lookup

We need some rules, what decides which initials go into column BA? you say
colmn AO contains one of 5 names, so does AO contain only 1 name? or does it
have many names that are from a pool of 5?
--
-John
is helpful.

"Diane" wrote:

I am not sure how to get the results I am looking for, and if it is better to
use an if statement or a lookup funtcion (which I have never used before).

Data Information:
Column "AO" contains one of 5 names
Based on looking at these names, I want a formula that puts one of 5
corresponding intials in column BA.

Any formula suggestions would be truly appreciated!!