Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Learn-more Learn-more is offline

Default Function to insert current filename into worksheet?

I just learnt this from other helpful people in this Discussion Group. It
will return the latest worksheet name to you, if change "]" to "[" and 1 to
0, then will give you file name and sheet name. See what you wants it and do
a little modification.

=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255)

This is a link they refer to, have a look/

Hope it helps.

"Ginko" wrote:

Hi

I'd like to know if there is a function that I can use to put the current
fileame into a cell in my worksheet?

Thanks