Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
forevertrying forevertrying is offline

Default VLOOKUP returning a #VALUE! error and I've not idea why! HELP!

Hi Niek,

I have ahad a quick look at that page and am already confused.

I have named the range of cells using offset as it says. The next part is
where I'm baffled. It says in the example that the code it is looking for is
in A7. I thought it would pick the right code/reg out of a list. If I have to
right a formula that says which cell it is in, it kind of defeats the object.

Is VLOOKUP even the right thing for me?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Maybe you should have a fresh start again.
Read this tutorial about VLOOKUP:

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel