Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default Can you create a new array based on the value in a column?

On May 5, 7:24 pm, Jeff wrote:
I am pulling data in from an external data source (sharepoint list) the data
is updated and new rows are added daily.

One of the columns is a milestone value.

Is it possible to take the raw data from the import and automatically have
the data broken into arrays based on the value in the milestone?

I have to report on this every week and I am looking for a way to automate
the process.

Thanks

Jeff

--
Jeff

So...you want the array's length to be determined by the number in a
cell? Should be easy to do with an OFFSET function, unless that won't
work within an array function. Something like this, which will sum
column A for as many rows as the number in B1:
=SUM(A1:OFFSET(A1,B1-1,))