Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wilchong via OfficeKB.com wilchong via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list

Dear T. Valko,
Really thank for your help. I am thinking how to revise the existing Excel
function if I want the Excel formula extracts the data which has appear in
col B. In my early example, the result will be A, B, C, F, H, I, J,and K
actomactic appear from the cell C3 to C10 accordingly.

I need an Excel formula to have this result!

It is just the OPPOSITE what the function do for "extracting missing data"!

Many thanks,
Wilchong

T. Valko wrote:
The "--" converts TRUE and FALSE to 1 and 0 respectively.

This expression will return an array of either TRUE or FALSE:

COUNTIF(B$3:B$13,A$3:A$14)=0

The "--" converts those either 1 or 0:

--(COUNTIF(B$3:B$13,A$3:A$14)=0)

Then the SUM function adds those 1s and 0s to get a total:

SUM(--(COUNTIF(B$3:B$13,A$3:A$14)=0))

Dear Biff,
Many thank for your explanation. Actually, another point of the Excel

[quoted text clipped - 39 lines]
Many thanks,
Wilchong