Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Grega Ian Grega is offline

Default Conditional Formating

Cheers Marlon

"Marlon Tomera" wrote:

Ian,
That formula worked out beautifully. Thank you so much, I'm glad I went
ahead and signed up for this discussion group. Now I know where to find my
answers at LOL. Thanks again Ian.
--
Marlon Tomera

"Ian Grega" wrote:

Marlon

Put this formula in cell C1

=IF(A1-B1<3,"Reorder",IF(A1-B13,"Do not Order",""))

and then with conditional formatting on cell C1 "use a formula to determine
which cells to format";

Formula: =A1-B13 set format -fill to green
Formula: =A1-B1<3 set format - fill to red

"Marlon Tomera" wrote:

If A1-B1 is less than 3, I want cell C1 to turn "Red" and tell me to
"Reorder". And if C1 is greater than 3, I want cell C1 to turn "Green" and
tell me "Do not Order". Does anyone know how to set this formula up? Thanks