Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zack Barresse Zack Barresse is offline

Default Picking up the latest text value in a column

That and other solutions are found in the link I posted. Many options Bob
has compiled. The best (IMHO) out there.

--
Zack Barresse

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
You can also use this shorter formula to get the last value in a column
regardless if it is text or numeric...

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A:A)

Rick

"Zack Barresse" wrote in message
Hi there,

For the last textual value in a column you could use ...

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(REPT("z",255),A:A,A2))

For getting the last value in a column regardless of textual or numeric
(which includes dates as well) you could use ...

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(MATCH({"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ",9.999 99999999999E+307},A:A)),A2)

For more information take a look at Bob Phillips website...

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

HTH

--
Zack Barresse

"djmagcruznyc" wrote in message
I'm currently working on a Ship Ticket template that should populate in
certain fields of the form the latest text information found in a
worksheet.
This would allow me print a Ship Ticket for my latest entry in that
column.

I was able to use the following formula from previous posts, which
helped me
grab the latest number value in that column:

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A,A2))

However, for fields containing names and dates, I would like to find a
formula that would pull those into the specific fields in my template.

In advance, many thanks for your help!!!

Mag