Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Difference between a Forms Control verus Active-X Control

The controls from the forms toolbar are part of XL. You attach macros from
modules directly to the control. This can be handy as the controls are not
embeded in the sheet and they do not place any code in the sheet.

Controls from the control toolbox are embeded objects. If you are fimiliar
with VB6 these controls are almost identical to the controls you would embed
in a userform. Since these controls are embedded they place their code
directly in the sheet. The up side is that they have a rich set of properties
and methods. Much more than controls from the forms toolbar.

99% of the time I use controls from the controls toolbox as I like the rich
set of properties and methods and the easy of referencing the controls in
code. That is not to say the forms controls don't have a place though.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"funGT350" wrote:

What is the difference Between a Forms Control versus an Active-X Control?
(e.g. a Combo Box from the Forms Toolbar versus a Combo Box from the Control
Toolbox Toolbar?) Why would one use one versus the other?