Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
artemis artemis is offline

Default Excel 2007 - copying charts to Word problem

I have received from Microsoft Support a solution which has worked for
me.

The original problem was that an Excel page with multiple charts only
partly copied over to a Word document using copy/paste (various
combinations).

This is what worked:

1. Open Word document.

2. Select Insert tab, then Object (in the Text area), then Insert
Object, then Create from File.

3. Select file then OK.

4. When the page appears in Word it is not in the right format. Double
click inside it and wait while it goes through some sort of process.
(MS said wait till you are able to scroll again in the insert.) When
done click back in the document outside the insert.

A couple of additional things I found .... I think the Excel file
needed first to be saved with the page to be copied selected. Also,
possibly with print area set to select the area to be copied.

The above has worked on the specific file (which I sent to MS) but I
have not finished testing the approach on other files yet.

Would definitely be interested in hearing if this workd for others.

OK it is not the simple process we used to have but as long as it
works I am happy ....

Adrienne