Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KELC-F/A KELC-F/A is offline

Default General Format to Custom format problem

I am working with a PeopleSoft query exported into Excel. The query
generates a number in General format: 10232427348734667 displaying in the
cell to left side as a text field. I am trying to create custom format to
display as
102-3242734-8734667 showing three numbers-dash-seven numbers-dash-seven
numbers. So far I used Data-Text to numbersDelimitedTabGeneral. Then
selected custom format trying different combinations. Everything I try
results in the last two numbers displaying as 00 Example:
102-3242734-8734600-Any suggestions?
--
KELC-SL